Saturday Weigh-In (Week 3)

scale
It’s weigh-in day again. I was definitely worried this week! Once again I exercised 6 days this week, but 2 of those days I rode my stationary bike. It was a break for the feet and knees, plus it’s in our bedroom and I can watch my shows while I exercise.

I was not as good with my eating this week. Monday I had dinner with a friend and a few drinks, and then Thursday met the Hubs for lunch at a new place, Major Munch so I knew it could get ugly.

I’ve been doing this for awhile (about 3 years) so I have learned a few things:

1. You can do everything “right” and not lose or perhaps gain.
2. Other factors are key. Stress, sickness, or those lovely monthly hormonal changes can affect you.
3. The numbers are not important!! This is the HARDEST one for me to accept. You WANT to see change. You WANT to know all that hard work is doing something.
I suggest measuring yourself for a progress checker, or that pairs of pants that are tight right now. The scale may not show you that it’s working, but the smaller measurements and better fitting clothes will!

Last Week’s Weight was 167

This Week’s Weight also 167

Normally I would be upset by this, but I am human. I cannot be perfect all the time, and I don’t want to be. I like splurges and treats. Depriving yourself too much will sabotage you (I did that the first year)

How are you doing with your weight or getting healthy goals?

Share Button

11 Comments

1. Comment by Stacey @ Newlywed Survival:

Great attitude! It is really hard to not concentrate on the numbers.

I have found it helpful to make a list of non-weight goals that I would like to reach (like run a certain distance, not be out of breath when playing with my niece, etc.). It is so much easier to see improvements in these goal areas.
    Stacey @ Newlywed Survival recently posted…The Importance Of Strength Training In Your Fitness ProgramMy Profile

• dealinanddishin
      Comment by dealinanddishin:

That a great idea for goals! You will see improvement with those too.

Yeah my attitude is good now..lol..but come week 10 or 12 and a possible plateau comes back it gets a lot harder to stay focused on the good.

A big one for me is my mood and anxiety is much better and under control when I exercise and can get rid of some of that bad energy.

2. Comment by Elle:

I have sort of gotten lost on this lately. I haven’t recovered from the holidays yet! I have gotten the eating more under control again but I need to work more on the exercise part.

You are right the numbers do not matter so much as being fit and healthy.
    Elle recently posted…Looking For Some Pretty Trash Bags?My Profile

• dealinanddishin
      Comment by dealinanddishin:

I get really caught up in the numbers, and will be so down on a weigh day. I am hoping by sharing my experience and the ups and downs and frustrations that’ll help others and myself.

Holidays were rough this year! Getting the eating under control is a wonderful step and probably harder than adding exercise. There are so many convenient foods to snack on it’s hard.

3. Comment by Tiffany C.:

Your attitude is great! I look at it this way, you didn’t gain any weight, so that’s good. Wishing you much success of your weight loss journey.
    Tiffany C. recently posted…Personal Pampering Time with NIVEA #NIVEAmomentsMy Profile

4. Comment by Shary:

At least you didn’t gain. Keep your head up!
    Shary recently posted…My Proposal StoryMy Profile

5. Comment by Emily:

You are doing so well! Even though you didn’t lose weight this week, you’re still focused on your goal! Good for you. I have a few pounds that I would like to lose, and I’m making small changes like adding more water to my diet.

I wish you success on your journey and look forward to following along!
    Emily recently posted…Menu Planning TipsMy Profile